Am I abused?
- Are you afraid of your partner?
- Do you feel bullied or belittled by your partner?
- Do you avoid family and friends because of your partner?
- Do you feel as if you are walking on egg shells at home?
- Do you change your behaviour to avoid triggering an incident?
- Does your partner have sudden changes of mood which dominate the house?
- Is your partner charming one minute and abusive the next?
- Are you afraid of making your own decisions?
- If you say yes to one or more of these then you may be suffering domestic abuse. You can call your local domestic abuse agency (see Support Services) or read more under 'What is domestic abuse'.
In an emergency call 999
In a non emergency call 101
Call Crimestoppers anonymously call 0800 555 111
24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline: freephone 0808 2000 247
Respect Call 0808 802 4040
What can I do to stop abusing?